Legacy Hotels & Resorts
At Legacy Hotels and Resorts, we cannot wait to welcome business, leisure travellers and conference delegates, and would like to take this opportunity to remind you that in addition to you enjoying your stay, your safety and wellness remains one of our top priorities. As the World Health Organisation (WHO), top scientists, and world leaders have now concurred, Covid-19 is here to stay for the foreseeable future.
It is time for all of us to prepare to live our lives with the knowledge and precautions necessary to safeguard ourselves, our families, our workplaces and each other.
In preparation of lifted lockdown restrictions, we have been implementing some measures across our properties, and will continue to take these precautions for the foreseeable future to ensure we do our bit to combat this virus. You may view our hygiene protocol below.
As these are uncertain times for all of us, we have increased flexibility with travel planning, so please engage with us regarding current and future reservations, postponements and payment options.
We shall continue to monitor the coronavirus (COVID-19) updates,
and will respond and communicate with you,
based on WHO recommendations, and the advice of our governments, public health authorities, and medical professionals and experts.
We will keep you updated through this challenging situation and look forward to welcoming you at our hotels very soon.
For more information on our COVID-19 policy, as well as our COVID-19 Hygiene Protocol, please contact us on +27 11 806 6800
HEALTH & SAFETY PROTOCOL
& CUSTOMER EXPERIENCE
As a valued client, guest, and partner of ours, you have come to expect and enjoy the Legacy experience when you visit our properties, restaurants, spas and facilities. This commitment to service excellence will not change, however as the world we live in has now changed, we need to adapt.
We want to be absolutely sure that when we welcome you again, we have taken every necessary precaution to minimize the risk of infection and transmission of COVID-19 to employees, contractors, day visitors and overnight guests. We will endeavor to continue to offer experiences with the highest measures of health and safety standards in place.
Your future interaction with us at any of our properties protects every aspect of the customer experience and at all touch points you will observe a heightened difference.
Our policy includes and is not limited to the below:
- A pledge to adhere to the protocols as set out the World Health Organisation (WHO), the Ministry of Health or Department of Health in country of operation, the guidelines as set out the Ministry of Tourism or relevant Tourism bodies in country of operation.
- The appointment of a COVID-19 Health and Safety officer in every operation to ensure adherence to the protocols.
- Guests, staff, visitors and contractors to adhere to medical declarations / travel arrangements.
- Guests, staff, visitors and contractors’ temperature monitoring.
- Guests, staff, visitors and contractors’ information dissemination and briefings.
- Staff training on Health and Safety Protocols.
- Guests, staff, visitors and contractor’s various levels of Personal Protective Equipment.
Heightened sanitising and hygiene practiced In all areas of operation including:
- Transfers and shuttles to and from a Legacy property
- Arrival at a Legacy property and Concierge
- Reception, Public Area and Lounge
- Housekeeping (back of house, public areas and guestrooms)
- Gym and Fitness Areas
- Restaurants, Bars, Food Service Areas, Room Service and Kitchens
- Conference and Meeting Rooms (Legacy Virtual Conferencing – is being introduced across our properties – enquiries to hotels direct)
- Maintenance (back of house, public areas, and guest rooms)
- Contractors / 3rd Party / Stock Delivery / Loading Bays
- Rest Rooms
- Game Activities (game drives, game walks, Junior Rangers etc.)
- Staff areas (staff entrances, staff change rooms, staff canteens etc.)
- Offices and office staff
- Restaurants (in and outdoor) and Bars
- Lounges & Waiting areas
- Vehicles - Chauffeured
- Pools & Pool Areas
- Conference and Events
- Gyms, Spas, Shops, Play Areas
- Any other activities
Special attention areas will include:
- Hand washing & sanitizing
- Surface areas sanitizing
- Luggage handling
- Cash handling
- Removing unnecessary surfaces / areas / equipment / procedures
- Physical distancing standards
- Collecting as much information as possible at reservations and not on arrival
Standard procedure for guest, staff, visitor or contractor with Covid-19 symptoms or confirmation of infection
We have compiled two videos to give you a peak at our new health and safety regulations that have been implemented across all Legacy Hotels and Resorts properties:
We hope this gives you the insight and comfort you need to reassure you that as always Legacy Hotels & Resorts places our guests, staff, visitors, partners’ health and safety at the forefront of the experience we offer you.
LOOKING FORWARD TO WELCOMING YOU TO #DESTINATIONLEGACY IN THE VERY NEAR FUTURE.