Kuzuko Bird Hide
Kuzuko is excited to share a new addition to their offerings. The concept of this project was born during a visit from the A Rocha board late 2019. Unbeknown to any of us, during the chatter about the well-beloved hobby of bird watching and photography, this project would change into a living tribute and will be launched as a celebration of the lives of the very people who helped brainstorm the idea.
Fortunately for us all materials were delivered just before the news of Covid broke and this special project kept the small group of Kuzuko essential staff and birding enthusiasts busy and motivated during the 4 months of lockdown. Now the time has finally come to share this special tribute with the world.
This weekend 4 - 6 September, we will celebrate the unveiling of the Bird Hide and the beginning of Spring:
- The festivities kick off with an intimate cocktail party Friday afternoon. The event will include a virtual cutting of the ribbon at the Hide and speakers include the National Director of A Rocha South Africa, Eastern Cape Birding Enthusiast and General Manager of Kuzuko Lodge. Followed by dinner.
- Saturday morning at dawn the birding will kick off led by Wentzel Greyling and Keith Joubert from BirdLife Eastern Cape. This will start around the lodge, the Hide and then continue during the game drive. The game drive will depart at 07h30.
- A continental breakfast will be served in the reserve before returning to the lodge. Hopefully Sylvester the Karoo Lion will make a special appearance.
- The afternoon and early evening will be spent on a game drive enjoying sundowners in the reserve before returning by spotlight to maximize the night life and birding.
- Boma dinner to be enjoyed while the in-house marimba band entertains in the background.
- Sunday morning at sunrise, Mark Brown from BirdLife Plettenberg Bay, will be heading up bird netting and identification after which you can opt to go on another game drive.
- Breakfast will be served in the main restaurant from 07h00, after which you may take your time checking out, and head back home at leisure.
For more information call +27 (0) 42 203 1700. Email email@example.com or whatsapp Catharina at +27 82 720 0808